Read this George:
Warren Buffet writes in the Berkshire-Hathaway annual letter to shareholders this year that:
"We would rather suffer the visible costs of a few bad decisions than incur the many invisible costs that come from decisions made too slowly – or not at all – because of a stifling bureaucracy."
Compare this to the DOE/NNSA/LLNS and LANS, who would rather suffer the many invisible costs from decisions made too slowly--or not at all--because of a stifling bureaucracy than incur the visible costs of a few bad decisions.
This in a nutshell is what has gone so wrong at the Labs and their owning agencies, by Congressional demand.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (186)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- Funding nukes to eliminate them
- Invisible costs!
- Vehicle safety
- How was your raise?
- Where was LLNL?
- Strange posting:
- Does the Secretary of Energy have a bit too much f...
- Fleeting Youth, Fading Creativity
- DOE's FY 2011 Budget Request
- Interesting topics on Director's Office "Topics an...
- Nuke Spending Boost Needed to Disarm, Biden Says
- Livermore:site of "technology gold rush?"
- The truth about reclassification
- More on Bechtel...
- Bechtel Defends Role in Bolivia
- Berrylium exposures.
- Is privatization better in the long run?
- BLOGs monitoring.
- Hello, Ben Dover Here Again
- What do you think of the 200 reclassification proj...
- POGO requests White House intervention for Los Ala...
- What do you plan to do with your raises
- Air Force Abruptly Decertifies Nuclear Warheads
- DOE alters bid policies for national labs
- More emergency drills.
- Lay Off the Layoffs
- Former LANL blog readers should be welcome
- Is Lab renting space to private companies?
- GAO Calls for More Uniform Security Standards at U...
- Health spending accounts in 2010
- Chu names Blue Ribbon Commission
- NNSA Administrator D’Agostino to Brief Reporters o...
- ▼ February (32)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)