DOE News (from the Los Alamos Daily Post):
Today, Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz directed the Office of Environmental Management (EM) and the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) to develop a plan for the transition of legacy environmental cleanup work at the Department's Los Alamos site from NNSA to EM.
DOE issued the following statement this morning:
"The safe and efficient cleanup of the Los Alamos Site in New Mexico is a high priority for the Department of Energy. The Secretary of Energy has directed the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and the Office of Environmental Management (EM) to develop a plan for the transition of the Los Alamos Site legacy environmental cleanup work from NNSA to EM. This will align the focus and accountability of cleanup work with the Department's environmental management program and enable the Los Alamos site prime contractor, Los Alamos National Security, to continue its focus on the core national security missions at the site. NNSA and EM will work together to evaluate all elements necessary for an effective transition including federal oversight, acquisition strategies, and quality, safety and security."
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (145)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- Lab, Energy Department Revamp Waste Cleanup
- Oak Ridge news
- Shakeup at LANL
- Cleanup, Cleanup!
- Brain drain
- DOE to Break Out Cleanup Work at Los Alamos
- Nuclear modernization and budgets
- What it takes to reopen WIPP after LANL drum blew
- Who paid for this settlement?
- 7000 steps
- DOE moving to more Autonomy for Labs, Official Say...
- Any insight?
- Plagiarism by Sandia
- Charlie has some explaining to do!
- Sexual harassment lawsuit against LANL
- How did "scooby" become "doobydew"?
- ICF program is now officially owned by WCI
- Anantha Krishnan selected associate director for E...
- How is LLNL 7 years later?
- Moses claims host spot ignition
- Y12 problems:
- New job for Ed Moses!!
- DOE Panel members get consulting cash from labs th...
- 300 LANL drums at WIPP now suspected
- Political ads on the blog?
- When will LLNL finally take over Sandia Livermore?...
- ▼ September (28)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)