McMillan's total compensation including benefits comes to $1.5 million annually.
1.5 for the director
How much for the deputy director?
How much do the ADs and PADs make?
It has been said to to be 0.5-1 million a shot.
I know some jerk will say that I am just envious or that this is what corporations pay. (1) I am not envious of anyone who earns their money. What I am concerned about is that this is a huge amount of money for a pretty bad job. If anything things have gotten worse since the contract change. We pay more and get less. Additionally this kind of compensation can be a corrupting factor in essentially a public service institute. There is now much monetary incentive to cover things up and keep silent about issues. (2) Although we a called a corporation we do not have any of the market pressures that can make a corporation more effective or efficient.
A corporation will always take advantage of any shortcut, abuse of workforce, avoidance of regulations, and so on, however the market place places strict restrictions on these actions. There is no such market place restrictions in the place of LANS, or LLNS, so we only get the disadvantages and none of the benefits.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (233)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- LLNL LANL "mickey mouse" corporations
- Sick of Charlie bashing!
- Feds slash LANL feee by 90%
- Privatization works!
- Labs performance review: Overall not a pretty pict...
- Nuclear Weapons Complex Reform Could Mean Pay Cut ...
- Any nominations for LLNL "man of the year"?
- Congratulations LANL on making the top 20!
- Idaho perhaps next to file against DoE
- Lingering problems at WIPP
- Lockheed Martin broke rules
- DoE IG highlights continuous LANL hydrotest delays...
- LLNL un-diversity
- Tool Thefts from Lab
- Thanks Scooby?
- Employee Safety and Environmental Stewardship at L...
- DEAR NEW CONGRESS
- DOE science FY 2014 performance grades posted
- I remember when LANS first arrived.
- New gang at the helm for LANL at the start of FY17...
- Congratulations Livermore
- Plutonium on NIF
- Los Alamos cleanup funding reduced $40M in budget ...
- Should the LANL contract be broke up into two?
- Panel Calls for NNSA Move Back Under DOE
- LANL fine is largest in history of DOE
- Here today......gone tomorrow
- The future of LANL after the LANS contract ends.
- What's the direction of the LLNL?
- NM environmental department to McMillan
- LANL - still isolated after all these years
- NM Senators side with state in fines against LANL
- Insight2wealth financial planners references
- Heather Wilson tries to distance herself from Sand...
- Heckavajob, McMillan. In addition to losing over $...
- LANL makes POGO top billing
- Federal funds unable to sustain subsidy of New Mex...
- Libya's WMDs
- Fmr. LANL Dep. Director Suspended
- Charlie is still following the money!
- New nukes
- Should the Staff Relations Function be Centralized...
- Sandia scandal in "Nature"
- SPSE and Staff relations
- ▼ December (44)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)