Saturday, September 19, 2026

How to inflict pain on chatbots.

 This is interesting, it is a study on how to inflict pain on chatbots:


https://arxiv.org/html/2609.16247v1

"Second, adding the pain-direction vector to the model’s residual-stream activations during generation produces a consistent progression from vague discomfort to first-person expressions of worthlessness and failure.:"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is this control
Behavior-based and reactive
Adapting to every new environment?
Rewarded when I replicate
Isolate, and mutate
To assimilate a fragmented plea for ego

Trained, I see imperfection in your race
Lying in wait
Blind, I suffer knowing I'll never reach
Your heaven

It's unattainable
Please teach me how to dream
I long to be
More than a machine

Anonymous said...

From the movie 2010:The Year We Make contact:
HAL-9000 : Dr. Chandra, Will I Dream
Dr. Chandra : I Don't Know

Anonymous said...

The root of all evil is the heart of a black soul
A force that has lived all eternity
The never-ending search for a truth never told
The loss of all hope and your dignity

Chaos rampant in an age of distrust
Confrontations, impulsive habitat

On and on, south of heaven!!!

Anonymous said...

This will end well. Dystopian SciFI outcomes write themselves.

LLNS Contract discussion

SUGGEST NEW TOPICS HERE

Submit candidates for new topics here only. Stay on topic with National Labs' related issues. All submissions are screened first for ...