I see someone complained that the term "fanboi" was insulting and you removed a post involving that term.
I was quite surprised to see that. Especially given snide comments from others about "best and brightest indeed" and another thread mentioning the term "hayseed".
Last time I checked, fanboi was merely a term for ardent enthusiast and not an insult.
I'm not about to demand that someone using the term "hayseed" be purged either. I'm over 21 and not going to get my little feelings hurt. In fact, it made for a good tongue-in-cheek reply to that comment.
Naturally it is your blog and your rules. I've done my bit to help keep it alive, but have no interest in staying around if some people are allowed to make personal attacks and then go running to you for "moderation". Is the playing field even or not?
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (186)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- New START seen permitting extra warhead deploymen...
- NNSA merging contracts
- Nuclear Labs Raise Doubts Over Viability of Arsena...
- View on 200 re-classification
- Opinion on blog moderation
- LANL TCP1
- Debate Heats Up Over Conventional, Nuclear Deterre...
- Trial of LLNS begins!
- Poll results
- Prove you have dependents
- Cost to Test U.S. Global-Strike Missile Could Reac...
- Concerns Over the Recent NIF Media Blitz
- NNSA Weapons Chief Participates in ROTC Day at Law...
- Pentagon Eyes More Than $800 Million for New Nucle...
- Share your story
- Managers! How do you feel about LLNS?
- Democratic senator challenges energy chief on Yucc...
- U.S. Missile Defenses Enhanced to Deal With Growin...
- What happened to the "future" institutional data c...
- ▼ March (19)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)