This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, December 9, 2013
Search for UC new Vice President for Laboratory Management
Weapon Complex Monitor December 5, 2013 The University of California has begun the search for a new Vice President for Laboratory Management after Glenn Mara recently announced his retirement. Mara took over as the head of UC’s lab management efforts last year, replacing Bruce Darling. Mara has served at both Los Alamos and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories, last serving at Los Alamos as the head of its weapons program until 2008. He left Livermore in 2004 after serving as the lab’s deputy director of operations. He is expected to remain in the position until a successor is chosen. In a job posting released yesterday seeking nominations and applications for Mara’s job, UC officials gave no timeline for the search, but outlined the job’s requirements. “The Vice President should have an outstanding record of accomplishment in a scientific program, engineering, and/or the operations and administration disciplines that underwrite the mission of the three laboratories [LBNL, LLNL, LANL],” UC said in the posting. “He/she should also have knowledge and experience in the operations of, and relationships with, the DOE, NNSA, and Office of Science, and those organizations’ senior leadership and approach to their laboratory system.”
Posted by scooby at 12:02 PM
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- Compromise bill
- LLNL Wins Age Discrimination Lawsuit!!
- Article retraction
- More about credit score
- Compensation increase
- When is Monya leaving?
- AF General re-assigned
- LANL contract not extended by NNSA
- Marylia Kelley said... http://nnsa.energy.gov/abou...
- How you rate the managers in the various directora...
- LLNL receives annual performance scores
- Nuclear security lessons from Australia:
- Strike rumor
- Ken Moody AAAS Fellow Award
- Former president disagrees with current president ...
- Statistical Impact of Disproportionate Age Discrim...
- This news article below deserves top billing, if n...
- Does credit score count at LLNL?
- The search is on
- A budget deal has been reached!
- Why vote for disarmament?
- Weapons work versus diversification
- Search committe for new LLNL director
- Search for UC new Vice President for Laboratory Ma...
- Detroit and the impact on pension reform
- Facts Surrounding Lawrence Livermore Lab Layoffs
- UC begins search for new LLNL Director
- Double standard for lab upper management?
- UC Screening Task Force for the selection of the n...
- ▼ December (30)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)