From/MS: Charles F. McMillan, DIR, A100
Phone/Fax: 7-5101/Fax 7-2679
Date: April 30, 2015
Subject: Agreement in Principle with New Mexico Environment Department
The U.S. Department of Energy and the State of New Mexico have
signed general principles of agreement to resolve the State’s
claims against DOE and contractors, including Los Alamos National
Laboratory, related to the February 2014 drum breach at the Waste
Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) in Carlsbad, N.M.
The agreement in principle is a positive step for the Laboratory
because it allows us to move forward on restoring our transuranic
waste processes and rebuilding credibility in our nuclear
operations. I wish to thank all of our employees for their
continuing hard work and dedication as we continue this year to
advance our scientific excellence, complete all necessary
deliverables, and correct deficiencies across all areas of the
Detailed information about the agreement can be found at:
What a crime! LANS screws the pooch on WIPP and federal tax payers foot the bill. Privatization is really "efficient."
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (233)
- ► 2016 (295)
- Agreement in Principle with New Mexico Environment...
- Tax hike could impact Sandia
- Ash Carter is looking for the "coolness factor"
- Federally funded R&D center spending down
- Anything from Empyrean?
- Atomic Labs Across the U.S. Race to Stop Iran
- Killer robots
- Final DOE report on WIPP blames LANL
- New sick and vacation time reporting
- Latest GAO report on NNSA: not much has changed
- Employee 360 review
- Sandia involved in hacking private citizens
- Ernie Moniz
- PRIVATIZATION DOGMA CONFRONTS REALITY AT LAWRENCE ...
- Salary facts
- Empyrean Customer Care Center for LANL
- Why can't the ICF program be simply shut down?
- The Pentagon’s$10-billion bet gone bad
- Where is Empyrean?
- which CPI for TCP1?
- ▼ April (20)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)