Sandia involved in hacking private citizens
At the 2012 TCB Jamboree, presenters from Sandia National Laboratories, which is a contractor for the Department of Energy, described an attack on Xcode, the Apple software used to compile applications in Mac OS X and iOS. The “whacked” Xcode exploit, called Strawhorse, enables intelligence agents to implant a version of Xcode on developers' computers which, unbeknownst to the developers, would cause software they compile to include a backdoor or other compromise. If successful, the attack could enable a range of surveillance-friendly applications to be covertly made available to the public. The report suggests that the Sandia team discovered and employed a number of additional vulnerabilities in Apple’s hardware and software, including a vulnerability in Apple's secure element that enabled them to extract a secret key, and one that allowed modification of the OS X updater to install a keylogger
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
- ► 2017 (143)
- ► 2016 (295)
- Agreement in Principle with New Mexico Environment...
- Tax hike could impact Sandia
- Ash Carter is looking for the "coolness factor"
- Federally funded R&D center spending down
- Anything from Empyrean?
- Atomic Labs Across the U.S. Race to Stop Iran
- Killer robots
- Final DOE report on WIPP blames LANL
- New sick and vacation time reporting
- Latest GAO report on NNSA: not much has changed
- Employee 360 review
- Sandia involved in hacking private citizens
- Ernie Moniz
- PRIVATIZATION DOGMA CONFRONTS REALITY AT LAWRENCE ...
- Salary facts
- Empyrean Customer Care Center for LANL
- Why can't the ICF program be simply shut down?
- The Pentagon’s$10-billion bet gone bad
- Where is Empyrean?
- which CPI for TCP1?
- ▼ April (20)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)