An inspector general report once meant for Department of Energy eyes only sheds more light on a fierce lobbying campaign for the contract to run Sandia National Laboratories.
The special inquiry report, obtained by Greenwire under the Freedom of Information Act, fleshes out allegations that Sandia Corp., the DOE contractor that runs the New Mexico-based labs, used federal funds to influence the government's contract extension for the company.
Sandia Corp. is a subsidiary of Lockheed Martin Corp. The company first won the contract in 1993, which has since been extended several times. The latest extension came in March 2014 for another two years, with the department planning to open the contract for competitive bids after that.
The Sandia labs contract is worth at least $2.4 billion a year. The contractor wasn't ready to lose that kind of money, according to the IG.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (233)
- ► 2016 (295)
- De-privatizing the Labs
- There is a list of major problems where lax NNSA o...
- Just what IS going on at LANL?
- Working at LLNL
- Investigation sought
- Moses departs
- The Office of Inspector General report on LANL
- Protect your Head!
- More financial waste by Sandia
- For profit LLCs and waste
- TCP1 COLA for 2015.
- Yet another LANL report from the IG
- Women should get more money
- Accident Investigation Team Report
- Second Data Breach
- Don't argue with data!
- Lobbying with taxpayers' money
- The LANS LANSCE accident review?
- OPM hack
- Fierce lobbying campaign for Sandia contract
- Greeks vote "no"
- The blow-up, the clean-up and the latest news from...
- Are US nuclear weapons engineers really shooting r...
- ▼ July (24)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)