Has anyone explored this?
What they didn't tell us:
Kaiser Permanente Senior Advantage (KPSA) is available as our "Group" rate for $179/month (plus Medicare costs), but LLNS did not tell us that it is also available over the counter as an "Individual" for $81/month for Alameda County residents of any age. (Also plus Medicare.) Other counties might vary.
IF you are 65, then Medicare is mandatory, or you will be dropped from LLNS health coverage. Medicare costs by the month, more than they say depending on your income which includes tax exempt income.
The Individual KPSA has higher co pays like $30 per doctor or medicine, while the Group is $20, and $100 co pays for some tests like MRI's that the Group KPSA apparently includes, but the Individual has an annual cap of your out of pocket of $3400. Everything above that is free to you.
I tried to get info on the LLNS Group but the Hewett web site only posts the information for 2009. Kaiser doesn't seem to know.
I'd really be grateful if someone has better information.
Q. If I leave the LLNS Group can I come back later?
Q. Can I get the HRA to pay the Individual KPSA monthly fees?
Q. Does the Group KPSA have an annual expense cap, too?
Thanks for any help!
NO, it is NOT "substantially equal!"
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (337)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- AD life at LLNL
- Where is Sasha Cohen?
- Poor performance
- Proposal Cuts Lab Spending
- Expected DOE response
- DOE CONSIDERING HOW TO SPEND SAVINGS FROM CONTRACT...
- Impact of declining morale
- Lawmakers propose five-year pay freeze, federal jo...
- Poll results!
- Any recommendations to make it things better?
- What impact does the salary freeze have on your be...
- Retiree Health Care?
- Miller's all hands
- Knapp's Continuing "Tax Gross-ups"
- Fee question
- Response from NM Senator
- LLNL will now operate in an Ethical Manner
- Chu -University of California Alumnus of the Year
- Inaction = no change
- Anastasio leaving LANL in June
- More on LLNL Retiree's UC lawsuit
- Is it time to go?
- Lawsuit by LLNL retirees.
- DOE holds unique power to freeze contractor pay
- Just in case you were confused...
- ▼ January (25)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)