University of New Mexico (UNM) will announce proposal to take over management of SNL from Lockheed Martin.
This makes me sick. UNM and SNL are already too cozy. There is a constant flow of third rate UNM interns and grads to SNL. It's so inbred with UNM grads in most departments now, that applicants from schools like Caltech, Princeton, Stanford, MIT and Harvard are actually passed up in favor of buddies from UNM. And if they do take a job at SNL, they are routinely passed up for promotion in favor of the UNM grad who has friends and family all working at SNL.
If UNM takes over management, this is just going to make a bad situation worse.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sounds familiar?
- Bechtel plans on bidding for LANL
- UC is done!
- UC not interested in Sandia?
- High executive pay, antiquated computers
- Problems with for-profit management of the NW comp...
- Lockheed Martin has strong competition for the SNL...
- University of New Mexico (UNM) will announce propo...
- Are our benefits going to take a hit?
- Disposition of the lab management fee earned by UC...
- Will he stick around?
- Going away from contractor hosted web sites
- Satan 2 missile
- FY 2015 NNSA site evaluations now posted
- LLC model
- Another lawsuit
- Questions about LLNL
- No Public Funds For Legal Fees for Contractors Who...
- NNSA recommendations for SNL
- NNSA manager optimistic about LANL budget
- More on LANS extension
- LANS extended through 2018
- TCP1: closed-ended or open-ended?
- Has LANCE improved?
- ▼ May (24)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)