First- A publicity video for the lab was running in a loop at the beginning - it was really awkward - says our "mission is discovery". More like, our mission is "practical solutions for National Security" - we are a weapons lab not a science lab. It shows a bicycle ride around the lab on "mission discovery" - whoever authorized that video is so out of touch it is truly embarrassing.
Next, All Hands Presentation -
Unbelievably he presented almost the same highlights as at the last All
Hands meeting - High Foot, 191 NIF shots, additive manufacturing, bio
assay, wind power. Several slides on safety. They really need to
consider going back to the slideshow featuring closer to 100 highlights
at the end of All Hands presentations. I can't believe I'm nostalgic
for George's All Hands meetings - but he and Parney were much more
inclusive and got a lot closer to covering the whole lab instead of the
same few select favorites each time. Apparently there was a great
question from an audience member at the end, but I stopped watching -
maybe someone else can fill us in.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (337)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- NY Times on Los Alamos National Laboratory drum ex...
- All hands: Where is George?
- Peter Kuran
- DOE "Whistleblower" Bias?
- Incapaciating chemical agent loophole
- Parney named president and CEO of HRL, Laboratorie...
- LLNS Retention Data Breakdown
- LLNL retiree medical benefits
- Degree-less LLNS managers
- Lockheed says makes breakthrough on fusion energy ...
- LANS/LLNS salary disclosure
- LLNL Avoids Fine For 2013 Sulfuric Acid Burn Incid...
- Stockton bankruptcy
- Layoffs in LLNL IT?
- Censorship by Scooby
- LANL’s incompetent handling of waste
- ▼ October (16)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)