A question for those at LANL. Should the M&O Contract for LANL be split into two different contacts - one for the "national laboratory" work (ie. weapons physics and basic science) and one for direct weapons "production" work (ie, pit and other nuclear component production). This would allow a solely industrial team to bid on the high hazard/risk production work that might benefit from their expertise. Breaking up DOE sites into separate M&O contracts has happened a several huge sites - Oak Ridge for example where Y-12 and ORNL were split apart.
Have a Los Alamos National Laboratory (not for profit contract) and Los Alamos Production Plant (for profit contract). Operations with different needs and therefore different contracts and different management.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (111)
- What is going on at LLNL?
- The LANL cultural problem is starting to seep to o...
- Looks like they need to send this guy to clean up ...
- Sandia in the news!
- Rise in plutonium production points to more work a...
- Accident at UChicago Argonne, LLC
- Anonymous posting and commenting
- WHISTLEBLOWER CLAIMS $5 MILLION AGAINST NUCLEAR WE...
- How did that happen?
- NNSA is to blame
- Undoing privatization
- LANL score question(ned)
- Did he really say only two points?
- New LANL purpose statement
- DoE clearly stated LANS contract to end in 2017
- Feds slash WIPP contractor performance pay
- Where is the FY16 LLNL performance evaluation plan...
- LANS future suggestions
- A question for those at LANL
- UC Regents to have closed-door meeting
- LANL payments to Wilson
- The story of Nancy Madore
- SNL contract must be competed before the LANL one
- ORNL counter-intelligence officer charged
- You will never see this from NNSA
- N. Korean conducts hydrogen bomb test
- One more negative report on LANL
- Making this BLOG a DOE labs BLOG?
- Where are the new brochures?
- A question for Charlie
- Was Nanos right all along?
- Should Los Alamos National Laboratory remain open ...
- UC is the common element in LANL dysfunction?
- LLNL BLOG 8 years later.
- Poor investment choices in 401k and TCP1.
- UCRP vs TCP1
- And the spin begins to "save LANL"
- ▼ January (38)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)