This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Elected officials want for-profit Labs!
The truth is that at both LANL and LLNL your elected officials are fighting to keep the labs for-profit. We all know what a disaster for-profit management is for science, good management, the workforce, and even the nuclear weapons work, but there is money to be had in taxing a for-profit and for local and state government that is much more important than even the hundreds of jobs that were lost when the labs went to for-profit management. Try talking to one of your elected representatives about it. They don't care hundreds of jobs were lost; they claim they want good paying jobs but those jobs didn't and don't matter. They will do anything and everything in their power to keep the for-profit management. Until we get them under control, we aren't going to get a better management model and even if by some miracle we get non-profit contractors to run the labs, how are you going to get rid of the absolute disaster managers who are now everywhere at the labs?
Posted by scooby at 11:27 AM
- ► 2017 (325)
- Bechtel employees and TCP1
- Bay ARea Transit to Livermore
- NNSA to build new facility in NM for 1,100 employe...
- LANL 2017 RFPs
- LANL gets hit with PNOV for WIPP accident
- LANL/LLNL financial risk
- What was that explosion last night?
- Elected officials want for-profit Labs!
- For profit or not?
- Charlie's wife
- The advanced Laser Interferometric Gravitational-w...
- Is LANL interim management possible?
- More on Rich Mqrquez
- TCP1 statement
- What else is permitted at LANL?
- Rich Marquez
- Rich Marquez - Top LANL Management Official Abrupt...
- UC must cut budget for 5 years to balance books
- LANL budget expected to decline
- DoE contractors get caught
- Rumor has it....
- Another LANL major construction project with probl...
- Who is POGO?
- POGO calling for another LANL congressional invest...
- Game changing fine for LLC?
- Walp, Duran and Montano
- New contractor, new vision?
- LANL during Klotz visit
- LANL still not able to restart Pu facility
- ▼ February (30)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)