A new article in the New Mexican "Federal audit finds more management problems at LANL" describes a DOE audit of health and safety issues at LANL.
It explains that "Without understanding the causes of such problems, managers can’t come up with the right fixes." Further "the reluctance of upper-level managers to listen to concerns from workers" was part of the cause of the WIPP accident but then went on to say that, "The auditors did find that a program established by lab managers to handle employee concerns was 'generally effective.'” Perhaps they should look into the creative fiction in reports in that program for a clue about why it might not be as effective as it and LANS claim it to be.
The bottom line is employees know never to say "no," question or to complain to a manager. This was not such a severe problem under UC but managers who started under UC and still at LANL have learned to adapt to the way things are done in the corporate, for-profit world. As managers have less and less expertise and no tolerance for technical detail, questions, or careful consideration, things get more and more dangerous.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog authors serve as moderators. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (252)
- Funding Asked for NIF
- Doublespeak from LANL Director in public meeting o...
- GAO report on whistleblower retaliation
- What led to the WIPP waste explosion
- Classified document handling guidelines
- Nuke base airmen under investigation for illegal d...
- Rivera v. Lawrence Livermore National Security LLC...
- Retirees benefits under a new contractor
- More problems at LANL
- A Critical Audit of Los Alamos Finds Echoes in Liv...
- Bechtel Spotlighted In New Book
- Defense Board hearing on TRU waste
- NNSA not asking for enough money
- Addicted to Los Alamos
- LLNL annual evaluation
- Beth Sellers anniversary
- Impact of social media on LANS/LLNS PR
- What went wrong with the LANL/LLNL contract.
- Did George W. Bush lie about weapons of mass destr...
- Investigative reporter details Bechtel's influence...
- A book about Bechtel
- Lockheed agrees to pay DoJ 5 million fine
- LANL blasted in another IG report
- Charlie's wife
- Los Alamos, secret colony, hidden truths
- ▼ March (26)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)