In a challenge to the White House, the nation’s nuclear weapons laboratories have warned Congress that federal programs to extend the life of the nation’s aging nuclear arsenal are insufficient to guarantee the viability of the weapons for decades to come.
I can't see that this warning from the Labs will have any influence on Obama since he's already cut any funding for RRW/WR1 & is pushing hard for ratification of CTBT.
The JASONS have stated their opinion & so have the Labs. POGO accuses the Labs of "defending their turf" - Isn't that exactly what POGO is doing?
Why is it the "experts" on NEs are always from someplace other than our Labs?
Maintaining older NE's that do not provide the best safety & security technology makes no sense to me.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, March 27, 2010
- ► 2017 (186)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- New START seen permitting extra warhead deploymen...
- NNSA merging contracts
- Nuclear Labs Raise Doubts Over Viability of Arsena...
- View on 200 re-classification
- Opinion on blog moderation
- LANL TCP1
- Debate Heats Up Over Conventional, Nuclear Deterre...
- Trial of LLNS begins!
- Poll results
- Prove you have dependents
- Cost to Test U.S. Global-Strike Missile Could Reac...
- Concerns Over the Recent NIF Media Blitz
- NNSA Weapons Chief Participates in ROTC Day at Law...
- Pentagon Eyes More Than $800 Million for New Nucle...
- Share your story
- Managers! How do you feel about LLNS?
- Democratic senator challenges energy chief on Yucc...
- U.S. Missile Defenses Enhanced to Deal With Growin...
- What happened to the "future" institutional data c...
- ▼ March (19)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)