This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog authors serve as moderators. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, July 9, 2012
Quote from somewhere...
Anonymous contributor is quoting the following from somewhere: ..................................................................... Nothing to see here folks - move along: “Over the past decade, we have made numerous recommendations to DOE and NNSA to improve their management and oversight practices. DOE and NNSA have acted on many of these recommendations and have made considerable progress. Nevertheless, enough significant management problems remain that prompt some to call for removing NNSA from DOE and either moving it to another department or establishing it as a separate agency. As we concluded in January 2007, however, we do not believe that such drastic changes are necessary, and we continue to hold this view today. Importantly, we are uncertain whether such significant organizational changes to increase NNSA’s independence would produce the desired effect of creating a modern, responsive, effective, and efficient nuclear security enterprise. In light of the substantial leadership commitment to reform made by senior DOE and NNSA officials, and the significant improvements that have already been made, we believe that NNSA remains capable of delivering the management improvements necessary to be an effective organization, and we will continue to monitor NNSA’s progress making these improvements.”
Posted by scooby at 1:41 PM
- ► 2017 (259)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- SPSE-UPTE Working to Reduce the Hardship of Shrink...
- Rumor of layoffs!
- The NAS Report and UPTE’S Response Rally
- 82 year old nun infiltrates highest security area ...
- Follow the money!
- GAO: Lab oversight still needed due to the Quintan...
- Uh - Oh, POGO is back!
- Obama Official Supports Lawmaker's Opponent Over N...
- Bureaucracy strangles critical work at LANL
- The entangled histories of climate science and nuc...
- What happened to Tomas?
- Parney: Lab close to ignition
- Working at LLNL: opinions
- Sandia Lab layoffs?
- Garamendi: BE PATIENT ON NATIONAL IGNITION FACILIT...
- Quote from somewhere...
- Surprise, surprise, surprise!!!
- LLNL superblock: what is going on?
- Modernizing US nuc strategy
- What has the CIO done at LLNL?
- ▼ July (20)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)