Klotz nominated for NNSA helm
August 2, 2013
White House today announced President Obama’s intent to nominate retired
Air Force Lt. Gen. Frank G. Klotz as the Department of Energy’s under
secretary for nuclear security and administrator of the National Nuclear
Security Administration. In that position, he will oversee the nation’s
nuclear weapons complex, which also supplies fuel for the U.S. Navy’s
fleet of nuclear-powered sea vessels.
Klotz currently serves as senior fellow for strategic studies at the Council on Foreign Relations.
His background information provided by the White House:
General Frank G. Klotz, USAF (Ret) is the Senior Fellow for Strategic
Studies and Arms Control at the Council on Foreign Relations, a role he
has held since 2011. Lieutenant General Klotz has also worked as an
independent consultant since 2011. He is the former Commander of Air
Force Global Strike Command, a position he held from 2009 to 2011. From
2007 to 2009, Lieutenant General Klotz was the Assistant Vice Chief of
Staff and Director of the Air Staff. He served as the Vice Commander of
Air Force Space Command from 2005 to 2007 and was the Commander of the
Twentieth Air Force from 2003 to 2005. Lieutenant General Klotz served
at the White House from 2001 to 2003 as the Director for Nuclear Policy
and Arms Control on the National Security Council. He served as the
Defense Attache at the U.S. Embassy Moscow from 1999 to 2001.
Lieutenant General Klotz received a B.S. from the Air Force Academy and
an MPhil and DPhil from Oxford University
Here's a link to an interesting op-ed he recently wrote; "Berlin and the Arms-Control Debate. June 27, 2013"
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (337)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- Record energy at NIF
- LANL plutonium mission
- What did Parney say?
- Great story on the founding of LLNL.
- Dysfunctional LLNL
- Loyalty and layoffs
- Questions from tri-valley
- Into thin air
- If the rumors of a FY14 RIF are true...
- Is Klotz at fault for the failed inspections?
- Let us talk ratios!
- Sandia to blame for cost overruns
- Should NNSA federalize the guard force?
- SENATE APPROPRIATORS UNVEIL MASSIVE CUT FOR B61 RE...
- Klotz nominated for NNSA helm Knox News August 2...
- National Lab Privatization: Illegal Layoffs Enrich...
- Layoffs Possible For More Than 28,000 Contract Emp...
- Technology Combined with Creativity Driving Innova...
- Lab names new head of technology transfer office
- U.S. Cuts Take Increasing Toll on Job Growth
- The management is so bad!
- How to be a bad boss
- Any rumors?
- Rumors on next NNSA Administrator
- Ash Carter's got it right in Aspen
- ▼ August (27)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)