Great story on the founding of LLNL.
"Study Recounts Early,
Difficult Years Of Lawrence Livermore National Lab" - The Independent.
Friday, August 23, 2013. By Jeff Garberson
I am struck by this, and how its compares today to life at the Lab....
by Lawrence’s legacy from the Berkeley Radiation Laboratory, Livermore
staff were young experimentalists who shifted fluidly between groups as
jobs required. They lacked job titles for the most part – even York, who
led the Livermore site, did not receive the title of Director until
Lawrence suggested it offhandedly in 1954.
perhaps, Lawrence was always upbeat and looking to the future. He would
not allow gloom or despondency. Even after the third failed nuclear
test, he showed up at the Livermore site and told the young scientists
not to despair but to ask what they could learn from the failures."
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog authors serve as moderators. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (252)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- Record energy at NIF
- LANL plutonium mission
- What did Parney say?
- Great story on the founding of LLNL.
- Dysfunctional LLNL
- Loyalty and layoffs
- Questions from tri-valley
- Into thin air
- If the rumors of a FY14 RIF are true...
- Is Klotz at fault for the failed inspections?
- Let us talk ratios!
- Sandia to blame for cost overruns
- Should NNSA federalize the guard force?
- SENATE APPROPRIATORS UNVEIL MASSIVE CUT FOR B61 RE...
- Klotz nominated for NNSA helm Knox News August 2...
- National Lab Privatization: Illegal Layoffs Enrich...
- Layoffs Possible For More Than 28,000 Contract Emp...
- Technology Combined with Creativity Driving Innova...
- Lab names new head of technology transfer office
- U.S. Cuts Take Increasing Toll on Job Growth
- The management is so bad!
- How to be a bad boss
- Any rumors?
- Rumors on next NNSA Administrator
- Ash Carter's got it right in Aspen
- ▼ August (27)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)