Physics Today on LANL contract loss
In 2006 Los Alamos
National Security LLC—a consortium of the University of California,
Bechtel Corp, Babcock & Wilcox Co, URS Corp, and AECOM—took over
management of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). On 17 December, in
an email sent to LANL employees, lab director Charles McMillan revealed
that the consortium's $2.2 billion contract would not be automatically
extended or renewed after 2017 by the National Nuclear Security
Administration, which oversees the contract. The consortium took over
operations after several years of problematic management and has shown
improved management in its recent yearly reviews, but not at a level
that earned it an automatic renewal. LANL has had a number of public
embarrassments this year, including a radiation leak at its main waste
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (111)
- ► 2016 (295)
- Who are Scooby and Doobydew?
- NM Tax structure depends on for profit LANL operat...
- LANL Reports More Safety Lapses at Waste Sites
- LLNL's 2015 performance earns another contact awar...
- Employee morale
- Why is the weapons complex still under DOE?
- First news on fee money sent to LANL
- Why does it matter ?
- More on LANL contract loss
- SIr Mason of Battelle!
- LANL contract up for bid!
- LANL contract term losses
- Is this the end of for-profit LLCs for DOE?
- Who will be the new LANL Director?
- Hello Charlie!
- Contractor scores starting to come out
- Latest fallout from LANL
- WIPP reopening behind schedule and over budget
- Site 300 Causes Concern
- Delay of LANL contract notice letter
- Issues Management at the Los Alamos Field Office
- Contract Right to Health Benefits Found by Judge
- Letter sent to DOE Secretary from Anthony Rivera's...
- Livermore Field Office sets core values
- ▼ December (24)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)