Just went to renew my meds, and contrary to what I was told, the copayments are double or triple. I am a retiree- took the buyout, and glad I did! Before, meds were a 90 day supply for one copayment. We were told that the 2009 copayment would only cover 30 days of meds, unless we used Kaiser's mail program, in which case it would cover 90 days, like before. But Kaiser now charges 2 copayments, even if you use the mail. Now $10 for generics, and $25 for non.
NOTE: You gotta fight Kaiser for everything?
At this rate many generics cost less if you forget about your coverage, and just pay the cost of the meds, at Kaisers' member rate. Also ask for a whole bottle. Atenolol costs $10 for 50 pills, (100 days), or $10.50 for 100. Others are similar.
Q. Have others had this problem? How can they possibly say this is "substantially equivalent?" What can we do?
May 2, 2009 10:56 AM
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (324)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- Age discrimination lawsuit
- Kiss your retirement good bye!
- One year after the layoff...
- NIF dedication theme song
- Good old boys' culture still alive and well
- Wake up everybody!
- When will managers be promoted based on competency...
- New Security?
- Lab Morale Hits Bottom
- Expired Hand Sanitizer!
- Lab Make Over
- Would you recommend LLNL as an employer now?
- Yet more training.
- The proposed LLNL 2010 budget is down 7 million
- A post on the LANL blog
- NIF is dumping people
- Complete the UPTE-CWA health and safety survey tod...
- "US unemployment rate" chart looks parabolic
- I received from LLNS my TCP1 (Defined Benefit Pens...
- Is the Energy Department Ready to Reboot the Count...
- Kaiser co payment now double or triple!
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2008 (374)