Probe Sought of U.S. Lab Security Plan
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
A pair of Republican lawmakers on Monday requested a review of an Obama administration plan to alter security and safety management rules governing U.S. national laboratories, the Associated Press reported (see GSN, Nov. 17, 2009).
Situations at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico and the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California in recent years have demonstrated the need for security and safety reforms at such facilities, the lawmakers said (see GSN, March 26, 2009; Associated Press/Albuquerque Journal, March 31).
imo, if there's a need for continued reforms at these (or any other sites), DOE/NNSA has hired the wrong contractor. And, as you know, the DOE/NNSA hires other contractors to tell the site contractor what they're doing wrong & how it should really be done.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (337)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- Ready for contributions?
- Can world's largest laser zap Earth's energy woes?...
- Global warming profiteering.
- White House Says Door Not Closed to Nuclear Warhea...
- Jury Clears Lab of Trade Secret Theft
- Testing nukes without blowing up bombs
- Poll results
- NNSA Announces Special Tools & Processes for B53 D...
- Legal Action To Start
- Review of performance reviews
- Tri-Lab Directors' Statement on the Nuclear Postur...
- Nuclear posture review
- Alarm over shortage of nuclear experts
- In the name of safety and security!
- Probe Sought of U.S. Lab Security Plan
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)