From Sandy Reese:
My grandfather Herbert Moore worked at the Lawrence Livermore Lab Site 300 back in the late 1950's-early 60's. He passed away in 1962 from "leukemia" but it was later found out that he had been exposed to something on site and his true cause of death (radiation poisoning) was revealed in a private lawsuit that my grandmother received a small settlement from the government. Everything was very hush hush.
I am trying to find out what possibly occurred at that site during that time frame that could have caused this. We are also trying to track down any information at all we can find on my grandfather as we are tracing our family history. At the time this happened the government must have wiped out all records to do with my grandpa because it's as if he doesn't exist.
Any chance anyone has any information at all that might point me in the right direction? I think our family has a right to know.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (337)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- Bureaucracy Strangles National Laboratories
- DOE cowboy!
- Congressional Testimony Reinforces Picture Of Dama...
- A message from the LLNL director on LANL workforce...
- Budget Forced Delay of Los Alamos Plutonium Lab
- LANL Downsizing begins
- Fy13 budget proposal
- watch you tube video of 2008 laid off LLNL employe...
- HOUSE REPUBLICANS TO OBAMA: NUKE CUT PLAN IS ‘DANG...
- Layoff Lawsuit
- NAS report released on lab management!
- LLNL unofficial RIFs
- UPF tops Oak Ridge budget news
- CMRR-NF: Delay Makes Sense
- real mission is to make the world safer
- NAS Lab Mgmt. Panel Report Expected This Week
- Looking for Herbert Moore...
- DOES THIS DESCRIBE THE CULTURE AT LLNL?
- ▼ February (18)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)