Weapons Complex Monitor
February 6, 2012
NAS Lab Mgmt. Panel Report Expected This Week
The National Academy of Sciences panel that for the last year has examined the impact of
privatization on the nation’s nuclear weapons laboratories is expected to release its long-awaited
report this week in advance of a Feb. 16 Congressional hearing. Chaired by former Lawrence
Berkeley National Laboratory Director Charles Shank and UCLA professor Kumar Patel, the
panel held a handful of meetings over the last year, traveling to Los Alamos, Lawrence
Livermore and Sandia national laboratories to meet with lab employees and administrators and
holding several hearings in Washington, D.C., with National Nuclear Security Administration
and Department of Energy officials.
After the report is released this week, Shank—and perhaps one more member of the panel—is
scheduled to testify before the House Armed Services Strategic Forces Subcommittee Feb. 16.
Former Los Alamos Director Michael Anastasio, former Sandia Director Paul Robinson, former
Livermore Director George Miller, and former Babcock & Wilcox Technical Services Group
President Bob Cochran will also testify during the hearing.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
- ► 2017 (316)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- Bureaucracy Strangles National Laboratories
- DOE cowboy!
- Congressional Testimony Reinforces Picture Of Dama...
- A message from the LLNL director on LANL workforce...
- Budget Forced Delay of Los Alamos Plutonium Lab
- LANL Downsizing begins
- Fy13 budget proposal
- watch you tube video of 2008 laid off LLNL employe...
- HOUSE REPUBLICANS TO OBAMA: NUKE CUT PLAN IS ‘DANG...
- Layoff Lawsuit
- NAS report released on lab management!
- LLNL unofficial RIFs
- UPF tops Oak Ridge budget news
- CMRR-NF: Delay Makes Sense
- real mission is to make the world safer
- NAS Lab Mgmt. Panel Report Expected This Week
- Looking for Herbert Moore...
- DOES THIS DESCRIBE THE CULTURE AT LLNL?
- ▼ February (18)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)