This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Y-12 guards given answer sheets for inspection security tests!
Anonymously contributed: ==================================================================== Y-12 guards given answer sheets for inspection security tests! =================================================================== The debacle is going from bad to worse as the days go by. When will it hit bottom? The following is from Frank Munger's news site on Oak Ridge: 'The U.S. Department of Energy tonight confirmed that inspectors from DOE's Office of Health, Safety and Security -- at Y-12 last week to conduct a major top-to-bottom security review -- found copies of security quizzes and answers and other inspection-related materials in one of the plant's patrol cars. There were indications that the sensitive papers, which had been sent to Oak Ridge in advance by encrypted email to make sure they were valid for testing, had been copied and apparently were being distributed to help guards pass the critical reviews that involve basic security knowledge, proper use of weapons, gas masks, understanding of post duties, etc.'
Posted by scooby at 5:21 PM
- ► 2017 (337)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- LLNL guard force
- Livermore Lab downsizing its security
- LANL management grows while budgets shrink?
- No Funds for LANL Project in Senate Bill
- Pentagon should take over nuclear plant security
- Superblock can now save on guard costs.
- Ignition Facility Misses Goal
- Parney - Part II
- Caveat emptor: blog posts, rumors, and misinformat...
- Talent retention: Is it achievable at LLNL?
- Stimson report on NWC costs
- 'Extensive' Oversight of Nuclear Weapons Facilitie...
- B 61 cost looms large in overall budget crunch
- Interesting comments in the Nuclear Weapons & Mate...
- Looming funding cuts set to occur in early 2013?
- Aging U.S. nuclear arsenal slated for costly and l...
- NNSA touted Y-12's security -- until the breach
- House passes 6-month spending bill
- Peace group says kill the NNSA
- NNSA gets an F.
- DOE was warned - twice - in 2010 about Y-12 securi...
- Federal travel restrictions will hamper innovation...
- ‘Dirty bomb’ threat at hospitals remains, GAO repo...
- NNSA stalls again on PF-4 safety
- Wind power, some intellectual honesty for a change...
- automated posting prevention by Google
- "Old Rad Lab" moonshine
- Y-12 guards given answer sheets for inspection sec...
- It is not called cheating it is called a learning ...
- Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board no longer ...
- Savannah River asks employees to retire
- Are we better off with Akima and Jacobs?
- Grasping the Secrity Problems at Y12
- Tomas replacement
- ▼ September (34)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)