Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 8:00 pm (Updated: March 22, 8:00 pm)
When President Barack Obama sent his FY2015 budget to Congress, it turned out to be bad news for the Manuel Lujan Jr. Neutron Center, which is part of the Los Alamos Neutron Science Center.
Through the past two decades, the Lujan Center has been operated through a partnership between the National Nuclear Security Administration and the Office of Basic Energy Sciences.
Obama’s budget request cut $10 million in funding for the operational costs of the Lujan Center.
This is what the budget request said.
“The BES operations of the Lujan Neutron Scattering Center will cease and funding is requested for safe storage of facility components”. For well over a decade, the Lujan Center at LANSCE has been an international center of excellence and innovation for basic and applied research in neutron scattering and fundamental nuclear physics,” the budget statement said.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (337)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- Another article on NNSA
- Held's comments
- NNSA failed
- Welcome Goldstein
- Albright: '3+2' Warhead Strategy Unlikely To Be Re...
- Fee Reductions At Los Alamos, Livermore
- Augustine's interim report to congress
- Air Force fires 9 commanders
- GOLDSTIEN APPOINTED 12TH LLNL DIRECTOR
- GOLDSTEIN TAPPED AS NEXT LAWRENCE LIVERMORE DIRECT...
- NNSA Gives Russia Free Military Equipment
- UC closing in on naming new Lawrence Livermore Lab...
- NIF better funded in budget than LANSCE
- leak at WIPP
- director search
- report on the Labs out soon
- Sandia contract extended for two years
- NNSA WEAPONS FUNDING PROJECTED TO APPROACH $10B BY...
- More publicity for Omar Hurricane and NIF:
- Chili cookoff moving to LLNL?
- Russians keeping an eye.?
- Message from Knapp
- More news on LANL deputy director resignation
- we trust you. Well, not really
- LANL No. 2 quits over contract conflict
- FY2015 Budget Request: Preserving President Obama’...
- LANL Pu Facility funding cut:
- Fusion in Russia
- Radiation contamination at treasure island
- ▼ March (29)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)