Newly minted Lab machinists ready to support research
"After four years of training as machinist apprentices at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Christian Oda and Will Morton are ready to apply their trade. The two graduated Sept. 18 from the Engineering Directorate's Machinist Apprentice Program.
The Machinist Apprentice Program is a four-year-program that teaches entry-level machinists the technical skills and safety training they need to be certified machinists at LLNL and in the state of California. The ultra-selective program (most applicants are turned away) provides education and training in the machine tool trade, specific to the work done by LLNL researchers. That means Lab machinists are manufacturing products not built anywhere else in the world...."
Comment at bottom from
Kim Shelley,, 09-26-2014 07:04:16 AM:
"It is sad that the newly graduated apprentice, Willard Morton, has quit the Laboratory. I hope where he has gone to work is a bright career for him. He will be missed."
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (337)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- Lab, Energy Department Revamp Waste Cleanup
- Oak Ridge news
- Shakeup at LANL
- Cleanup, Cleanup!
- Brain drain
- DOE to Break Out Cleanup Work at Los Alamos
- Nuclear modernization and budgets
- What it takes to reopen WIPP after LANL drum blew
- Who paid for this settlement?
- 7000 steps
- DOE moving to more Autonomy for Labs, Official Say...
- Any insight?
- Plagiarism by Sandia
- Charlie has some explaining to do!
- Sexual harassment lawsuit against LANL
- How did "scooby" become "doobydew"?
- ICF program is now officially owned by WCI
- Anantha Krishnan selected associate director for E...
- How is LLNL 7 years later?
- Moses claims host spot ignition
- Y12 problems:
- New job for Ed Moses!!
- DOE Panel members get consulting cash from labs th...
- 300 LANL drums at WIPP now suspected
- Political ads on the blog?
- When will LLNL finally take over Sandia Livermore?...
- ▼ September (28)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)