Fine Print: A Disconnect in Evaluating the Nuclear Weapons Labs
By Walter Pincus, Published: April 9, The Washington Post
The distance between Washington and reality is always hard to measure.
But the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) for the first time has released performance evaluations of the nation’s eight nuclear weapons laboratories and production facilities. Until now, the reviews were held internally. The fiscal 2011 reviews let us measure what went on in the nuclear weapons programs against what’s said about them in the nation’s capital.
“NNSA specifies ‘what’ it wants rather than dictating to the contractor ‘how’ to get it done,” according to the report.
The reviews are important for many reasons, but one critical one is money. Built into the contract are incentive fees awarded based on results of these performance reviews.
Continue reading article
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
- ► 2017 (337)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- Elaine Andrews' personal story
- House Panel Seeks Sweeping Changes to Make NNSA Mo...
- Excerpts from Parney's written text to the Senate ...
- Closing national Labs?
- Parney's opening and closing for the Senate Subcom...
- Nuclear weapon reductions must be part of strategi...
- Are Employees at Los Alamos National Laboratory Su...
- White House Commissions Study of Laboratory Govern...
- LANL Director Makes $1M
- Los Alamos slashes 11% of workforce as cuts bite
- Bechtel and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory...
- LLNS and the Nuclear Weapons Complex Performance E...
- Fine Print: A Disconnect in Evaluating the Nuclear...
- LANS Performance on Plutonium Project Criticized
- New LANL BLOG
- UC pays 400K salary to Mara!
- Here are the performance reports
- White House Requests Study of National Lab Governa...
- More FAQs for LLNS Defined Benefit Plan
- No Technical Reason to Avoid a Test Ban, NRC Panel...
- ▼ April (20)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)