UC pays 400K salary to Mara!!
"The following appointment was approved by the UC Board of Regents today (March 29):
Office of the President
Glenn Mara, vice president, Laboratory Management
Approval was requested for Mr. Mara as a term appointment effective on or about July 1, 2012, for a total compensation of $394,266. This request was in response to the impending departure of the incumbent. Mr. Mara will be responsible for management of the UC Laboratory Management Office in its efforts to support Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) and the Limited Liability Companies that manage Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) as well as the university's oversight of the Department of Energy (DOE) contractual agreements relating to science and technology research programs at the National Laboratories.
Mr. Mara's annual base salary of $367,000 is 4.8 percent below the midpoint for the SLCG Grade 112 ($385,300) and 4.2 percent below the 50th percentile market base salary of $383,100.
Mr. Mara is a rehired retiree currently serving as Acting Associate Vice President Laboratory Programs on a 43 percent basis. Mr. Mara, as a condition of appointment, will suspend all payment of retirement benefits consistent with regents' policy.
This position is funded from non-state sources, specifically the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) contract fee earned as UC's partner share at LANL and LLNL and reimbursement for laboratory management expenses approved by the DOE Contracting Officer at LBNL. The funds for this position are part of the UCOP expenditures budget paid from lab fees annually approved by the regents."
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog authors serve as moderators. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (252)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- Elaine Andrews' personal story
- House Panel Seeks Sweeping Changes to Make NNSA Mo...
- Excerpts from Parney's written text to the Senate ...
- Closing national Labs?
- Parney's opening and closing for the Senate Subcom...
- Nuclear weapon reductions must be part of strategi...
- Are Employees at Los Alamos National Laboratory Su...
- White House Commissions Study of Laboratory Govern...
- LANL Director Makes $1M
- Los Alamos slashes 11% of workforce as cuts bite
- Bechtel and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory...
- LLNS and the Nuclear Weapons Complex Performance E...
- Fine Print: A Disconnect in Evaluating the Nuclear...
- LANS Performance on Plutonium Project Criticized
- New LANL BLOG
- UC pays 400K salary to Mara!
- Here are the performance reports
- White House Requests Study of National Lab Governa...
- More FAQs for LLNS Defined Benefit Plan
- No Technical Reason to Avoid a Test Ban, NRC Panel...
- ▼ April (20)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)