Los Alamos Manager’s (aka LANS) Performance on Plutonium Project Criticized
By John Fleck / Journal Staff Writer on Wed, Apr 4, 2012
The contractor team that managers Los Alamos National Laboratory for the federal government did a poor job of managing the Chemistry and Metallurgy Research Replacement Nuclear Facility, a proposed plutonium lab that the federal government said this year it was deferring indefinitely because of cost overruns.
In its annual “Performance Evaluation Report” on the lab’s management, the National Nuclear Security Administration said the lab’s management failed to “effectively manage CMRR NF/SFE progress in support of NNSA strategic objectives”.
NNSA made the Performance Evaluation Report public this week amid a battering, including litigation, over the agency’s policy of keeping its contractor performance evaluations secret.
Here’s the document. I’ll have more in tomorrow’s newspaper (scroll down for a direct download if you don’t want to use Scribd):
April 5, 2012 1:46 AM
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
Saturday, April 7, 2012
- ► 2017 (321)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- Elaine Andrews' personal story
- House Panel Seeks Sweeping Changes to Make NNSA Mo...
- Excerpts from Parney's written text to the Senate ...
- Closing national Labs?
- Parney's opening and closing for the Senate Subcom...
- Nuclear weapon reductions must be part of strategi...
- Are Employees at Los Alamos National Laboratory Su...
- White House Commissions Study of Laboratory Govern...
- LANL Director Makes $1M
- Los Alamos slashes 11% of workforce as cuts bite
- Bechtel and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory...
- LLNS and the Nuclear Weapons Complex Performance E...
- Fine Print: A Disconnect in Evaluating the Nuclear...
- LANS Performance on Plutonium Project Criticized
- New LANL BLOG
- UC pays 400K salary to Mara!
- Here are the performance reports
- White House Requests Study of National Lab Governa...
- More FAQs for LLNS Defined Benefit Plan
- No Technical Reason to Avoid a Test Ban, NRC Panel...
- ▼ April (20)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)