* AP News - June 12th 2015 *
Members of a U.S. House panel said Friday that they are frustrated with decades of security and safety lapses at some of the laboratories, manufacturing facilities and other sites that make up the nation's nuclear complex.
... U.S. Rep. Chris Collins, R-New York, said taxpayers are on the hook for the mistakes made at Los Alamos and the repository. Collins said he wanted to know why no one was fired.
Had something like that happened in the private sector, he said those responsible would have lost their jobs and the contractor would have been sued to recoup the cost of the damages. Collins said simply reducing the term of the contract doesn't go far enough to hold the lab manager accountable or address the systemic problems that have plagued the lab.
Collins, a businessman, said his biotechnology company works with infectious diseases and other bioterrorism materials. "We don't make mistakes because we have people in charge who know what they're doing. Clearly that can't be said for your agency," Collins said to the panel of federal officials.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (291)
- ► 2016 (295)
- Two more near fatality accidents at LANL
- Can China Be Contained?
- Get Educated
- New Sandia director will be first woman to lead na...
- LANL Discontinues Public Onsite Surplus Property S...
- Report blasts agency's oversight of contractors ma...
- Privatize CIA and NSA
- OPM hack
- Anyone Medicare-eligible lately?
- House panel calls out nuke officials for repeated ...
- Why is LLNL blocking most of the clicks on "LLNL-T...
- Labs may face $1M fine for handling of information...
- LANL fines for both safety and security violations...
- Does LANL actually have any money to take anymore?...
- ICF review this summer?
- Congressional hearings on LANL waste drum accident...
- Multiple additional LANL security violations
- Sandia hit with sizable fines:
- End of Patriot Act: what does it mean?
- The Nuclear Fuel Cycle Cost Calculator
- ▼ June (20)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)