Are TCP1 plan fiduciaries violating ERISA requirements IF the plan is "openable"?
My read of ERISA requirements suggest an "openable" TCP1 pension understood to be closed, should qualify as a "material change" to the plan compelling the plan fiduciaries to communicate such changes to the participants of the plan without delay.
"Each retirement plan is required to have a formal, written plan document that details how it operates and its requirements. As noted previously, there is also a booklet that describes the key plan rules, called the Summary Plan Description (SPD), which should be much easier to read and understand. The SPD also should include a summary of any material changes to the plan or to the information required to be in the SPD. In many cases, you can start with the SPD and then look at the plan document if you still have questions."
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (315)
- LANL: Help wanted
- LLNL among America's best employers
- Rumor: LANS staying until 2019
- Rumor: LANS departs in September
- Cherry Murray
- LLNL at the top, LANL at the bottorm
- What Went Wrong with the Los Alamos Contract?
- TCP1 discussion
- More new rules on security,
- Man arrested for theft of LANL tools
- A new top dog for nuclear weapons in NNSA
- John Tapia leaving
- Your pension is not safe, even if you are retired....
- TCP1 numbers
- Opinions on the llnl true story blog
- Nuke leak settlment
- LANSCE closing
- Lab pension increase?
- Good news for Lab workers!
- More additions to WIPP
- Classified and classified.
- NNSA plan to reduce contractors' pension obligatio...
- Did this person go to work for Director McMillan?
- LANL culture
- Amazon culture
- Unhappy reader
- LANL employee-owned LLC
- Evaluations for all NNSA sites are being held up
- NNSA Delivers Annual Reports to Congress
- Omar Hurricane
- Change in worker's comp fought
- LLNL career fair
- Purdue should bid
- DOE to send waste to NM
- NM rolls out cleanup proposal for Lab
- Lab directors as speakers
- ▼ April (36)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)