I spoke to Rep. Ellen Tauscher's field office today and mentioned that
the 65% subsidy for COBRA does not apply to me because I was laid off
from LLNL before the Sept. 1, 2008 window. (The subsidy of up to 9
months is part of the stimulus package.)
I learned that there are no guarantees, but letters are being
collected and packaged together from constituents, setting forth there
stories and what a subsidy would mean for them (such as, how to pay
for insurance after the 18 months of COBRA expires? Being over 50, my
rates for individual insurance are higher than as part of a group).
PLEASE help see if something can be shaken loose for those of us who
were part of a mass layoff to save a federal agency $$, and send along
your personal account to:
Rep. Ellen Tauscher
2121 N. California Blvd.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog authors serve as moderators. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (259)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- I Love Bechtel (NOT!)
- The race is over, go home.
- 65% subsidy for COBRA does not apply to me
- So, Obama's coming to visit, we are all taking a 5...
- If in doubt about privatization, read this...
- So, Are you happy about paying your neighbors mort...
- What happened in HR?
- Miller to host quarterly all-hands meeting
- A Message from George Miller to LLNL Employees
- NNSA awards IBM contract to build next generation ...
- The National Ignition Facility: Ushering in a New ...
- Nuclear work in danger
- The merits of privatization!
- Listen GM and SL!!!
- Heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend...
- New laptop computer brouhaha/scandal at LANL.........
- Is NIF an asset or a liability?
- COBRA STICKER SHOCK
- Military Control of Labs Studied By John Fleck, A...
- 100 Former Lawrence Livermore Lab Employees File C...
- IBM Building Next Generation of BlueGene Supercomp...
- Did the last layoff help the lab's mission?
- ▼ February (22)
- ► 2008 (374)