WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) announced today a contract with IBM to bring world-leading supercomputing systems to its Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory to help continue to ensure the safety and reliability of the nation’s aging nuclear deterrent.
“The longstanding partnership of NNSA, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, and IBM is ushering in an era of multi-petaflops computing,” said NNSA Administrator Thomas D’Agostino. “These powerful machines will provide NNSA with the capabilities needed to resolve time-urgent and complex scientific problems, ensuring the viability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent into the future. This endeavor will also help maintain U.S. leadership in high performance computing and promote scientific discovery.”
The Rest of the Story
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog authors serve as moderators. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (252)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- I Love Bechtel (NOT!)
- The race is over, go home.
- 65% subsidy for COBRA does not apply to me
- So, Obama's coming to visit, we are all taking a 5...
- If in doubt about privatization, read this...
- So, Are you happy about paying your neighbors mort...
- What happened in HR?
- Miller to host quarterly all-hands meeting
- A Message from George Miller to LLNL Employees
- NNSA awards IBM contract to build next generation ...
- The National Ignition Facility: Ushering in a New ...
- Nuclear work in danger
- The merits of privatization!
- Listen GM and SL!!!
- Heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend...
- New laptop computer brouhaha/scandal at LANL.........
- Is NIF an asset or a liability?
- COBRA STICKER SHOCK
- Military Control of Labs Studied By John Fleck, A...
- 100 Former Lawrence Livermore Lab Employees File C...
- IBM Building Next Generation of BlueGene Supercomp...
- Did the last layoff help the lab's mission?
- ▼ February (22)
- ► 2008 (374)