Employees may have recently read news articles that discuss U.S government plans to study the possible transfer of the DOE/NNSA laboratories and weapons complex from the Department of Energy to the Department of Defense. These articles refer to an internal government memo outlining plans for a study of the costs and benefits of such a transfer.
Keep in mind that the news articles refer to a request for a study. Similar studies have been conducted in previous administrations and the laboratories have been and will be asked to support these studies. When asked, LLNL will provide objective advice and counsel in support of the U.S. government study and potential policy decisions. We will continue to highlight the world-class capabilities of our people and facilities and our continued critical scientific and technological contributions to our nation’s security
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (188)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- I Love Bechtel (NOT!)
- The race is over, go home.
- 65% subsidy for COBRA does not apply to me
- So, Obama's coming to visit, we are all taking a 5...
- If in doubt about privatization, read this...
- So, Are you happy about paying your neighbors mort...
- What happened in HR?
- Miller to host quarterly all-hands meeting
- A Message from George Miller to LLNL Employees
- NNSA awards IBM contract to build next generation ...
- The National Ignition Facility: Ushering in a New ...
- Nuclear work in danger
- The merits of privatization!
- Listen GM and SL!!!
- Heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend...
- New laptop computer brouhaha/scandal at LANL.........
- Is NIF an asset or a liability?
- COBRA STICKER SHOCK
- Military Control of Labs Studied By John Fleck, A...
- 100 Former Lawrence Livermore Lab Employees File C...
- IBM Building Next Generation of BlueGene Supercomp...
- Did the last layoff help the lab's mission?
- ▼ February (22)
- ► 2008 (374)