E-LINE: Cherry A. Murray named dean at Harvard University
The Harvard Corporation has announced that it has selected Cherry A. Murray, principal associate director for Science and Technology, to be dean of the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at Harvard University, George Miller announced this morning in an administrative memo. Murray also will become the John A. and Elizabeth S. Armstrong Professor of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
The appointment is effective July 1.
Murray has had oversight of the Laboratory's scientific and technical programs and the quality of science and technology Laboratory-wide since she joined the Lab in 2004. She served as the deputy director for Science and Technology from 2004 to 2007 and then was named as key personnel for the contract proposal, becoming the principal associate director for Science and Technology under the LLNS management in 2007.
Murray has been a dedicated proponent and architect of the Laboratory's strategic science and technology vision, and has successfully championed strong partnerships with government, academia and private industry, Miller said.
"She is an internationally recognized premier scientist and she has made substantial contributions to the Laboratory. She has been a critical force in focusing the Laboratory's science and technology capabilities on the major challenges facing our country in national security, energy and environmental and economic sustainment," Miller added. "I know Cherry will be a tremendous asset to Harvard University. She will be greatly missed here at the Laboratory."
The position of principal associate director for Science and Technology will be posted and a Screening Committee will be appointed.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog authors serve as moderators. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (252)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- Face the truth
- World's largest laser now ready for use
- Since the LLNS take over of LLNL, what has been th...
- GM, When will bloated management be reduced?
- Tauscher Signals Leftward Shift on Arms Control
- Nuclear Security Official Hints at Leaner, Less Co...
- NIF Rumors
- Old nova target bay area is being retro-fitted for...
- So, did everyone have fun at the practice earthqua...
- Star Wars becomes Bug Zapper.
- Hearing on Nuclear Weapons Complex
- Who is next?
- Has the last big layoff made the Lab better and yo...
- What Happened at JASPER??
- World's largest laser gears up for ignition experi...
- Nuclear-Warhead Upgrade Delayed
- As predicted, the true cost of layoffs becoming ap...
- Cherry A. Murray named dean at Harvard University
- So whom is coming to first NIF this weekend?
- Did you know EM's new landscaping project by the c...
- Fond memories at LLNL
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2008 (374)