Pining for the good old days?
Let's remember some golden moments.
Alchohol onsite. Old Rad Lab punch made from reagent-grade ethanol. Popular until someone barfed in the stairwell in B-111.
A Lab Director trying to hop the fence and getting caught.
The Star supercomputer.
One of the lead scientists in MFE who was a notorious womaniser and loved to flim-flam Congress with outrageous promises about progress on fusion.
Using bolts and a steel girdle to "repair" quake-damaged buildings. Ones with asbestos in them.
Not knowing how to operate high-power switches properly ends up launching one of the main lab transformers into low orbit.
Forged x-ray laser data.
Associate Directors openly defying the Director's new IT policies.
Having machinists manufacture awards for Directorates.
An employee getting approval for more disk drives to soup up his onsite porn server.
Credit card abuse.
Another Director whose testimony in congress indicated he knew nothing about existing computer security practices at his own lab.
The new "fairer" job-ranking system.
Off-site "planning sessions" at luxery resorts.
A steel trampoline for car-bombs along East Avenue. Two flatbed trucks blow through Echo-1 gate and get 3/4 of the way down the road before being stopped.
High-power weapons are too dangerous to the local populace. So LLNL buys 6 miniguns that will cut a car in half and run for maybe 30 secs at best.
Anyone have more fond memories?
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog authors serve as moderators. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (252)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- Face the truth
- World's largest laser now ready for use
- Since the LLNS take over of LLNL, what has been th...
- GM, When will bloated management be reduced?
- Tauscher Signals Leftward Shift on Arms Control
- Nuclear Security Official Hints at Leaner, Less Co...
- NIF Rumors
- Old nova target bay area is being retro-fitted for...
- So, did everyone have fun at the practice earthqua...
- Star Wars becomes Bug Zapper.
- Hearing on Nuclear Weapons Complex
- Who is next?
- Has the last big layoff made the Lab better and yo...
- What Happened at JASPER??
- World's largest laser gears up for ignition experi...
- Nuclear-Warhead Upgrade Delayed
- As predicted, the true cost of layoffs becoming ap...
- Cherry A. Murray named dean at Harvard University
- So whom is coming to first NIF this weekend?
- Did you know EM's new landscaping project by the c...
- Fond memories at LLNL
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2008 (374)