Under UC rules, a child was covered until her 24th birthday. The IRS also considers a 23-to-24-year-old in college a dependent.
But LLNS has taken a year away.
LLNS is slowly removing benefits a little at a time, hoping no one will notice. Our daughter has no coverage, though she's 23 and entering her senior year next year. COBRA hasn't gotten back to us, Benefits knows nothing about it!!!
Are we the only ones with college-age children? I guess you have to be in a situation to feel its impact.
I just called Anthem Blue Cross. They weren't sure! Since LLNS is very clear about un-enrolling children, and both the computerized system and the human being said our daughter was enrolled, I asked the woman to find out what was going on. It turns out you're enrolled until the first of the month after you turn 23.
I'm mad as hell. I'm going to inform the IRS. The IRS has strict rules about age of dependent children and like UC did, it's to 24 at the end of the tax year.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (193)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- The 46 DOE BES Energy Frontiers Research Centers
- LLNS has taken a year away
- To all managers
- Technology Boom Too Tempting For Many Government S...
- What really caused the demise of the Superblock?
- Better Oversight Needed . . .
- The Nuclear Weapons Complex Consolidation Policy N...
- SPSE-UPTE and LLNS Management Reach Tentative Agre...
- Rate the quality of your program
- What living beyond your means has brought us ?
- What's your exit plan?
- Roadmap made up of game–changing technologies
- Westworld . . .
- Details of Obama's plan for a nuclear-free world
- Fresh analysis of NIF
- Should NNSA end the LLNS contract?
- Miller and Co: You'd better listen to this
- Results of "how do you use the BLOG" poll
- Why are ULM leaving?
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2008 (374)