This comment was moved from the post "GM: when will bloated ULM be reduced?" because I feel it reflects the realities of a poorly managed lab and the low morale of employees. People are leaving now in a bad economy. Will there be anyone left when the economy improves?
I left ~4 months ago - not because of the layoffs, not because it was so hard to get WFO funding, not because I didn't enjoy the work, but because there are a vast swathe of over-paid useless managers at LLNL. I was tired of watching these managers and overheads eating the money I'd worked so hard to get into the lab. There is a culture of "getting by" within management at LLNL - they do whatever it takes to keep their job and salary but almost nothing to be genuinely useful to either the organization or the projects. This was true of my group leader (head of a group of 6!) and everyone above her. There's nothing that can change this culture because it has been honed over many years of "fail upwards" promotions, academic timescales, and political backstabbing. It made me so depressed and angry every day - i just had to leave.
So - how many in total are left at the lab? What was the percentage of personel at group leader or above 12 months ago and what is it now?
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (325)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- The 46 DOE BES Energy Frontiers Research Centers
- LLNS has taken a year away
- To all managers
- Technology Boom Too Tempting For Many Government S...
- What really caused the demise of the Superblock?
- Better Oversight Needed . . .
- The Nuclear Weapons Complex Consolidation Policy N...
- SPSE-UPTE and LLNS Management Reach Tentative Agre...
- Rate the quality of your program
- What living beyond your means has brought us ?
- What's your exit plan?
- Roadmap made up of game–changing technologies
- Westworld . . .
- Details of Obama's plan for a nuclear-free world
- Fresh analysis of NIF
- Should NNSA end the LLNS contract?
- Miller and Co: You'd better listen to this
- Results of "how do you use the BLOG" poll
- Why are ULM leaving?
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2008 (374)