Anonymously contributed: moved from under the post "is privatization better in th e long run?":
"Bechtel Defends Role in Bolivia" on PBS Frontline
You can expect to hear the same PR story from Bechtel about how they are effectively "handling" the management of the NNSA labs for greater cost efficiency.
Bechtel owns the heart and soul of what's left of LLNL and LANL. Their 'Judas Goats' are everywhere in the circles of the labs' top management.
Perhaps PBS Frontline should do an investigative report someday on how Bechtel and BWXT turned the nuclear weapons complex into one of the most profitable endeavors in the whole US government. They should concentrate on how a non-profit management contract was covertly converted into a profit based contract that increased the government's costs by over 1000%.
Now, that would be some story!
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (337)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- Funding nukes to eliminate them
- Invisible costs!
- Vehicle safety
- How was your raise?
- Where was LLNL?
- Strange posting:
- Does the Secretary of Energy have a bit too much f...
- Fleeting Youth, Fading Creativity
- DOE's FY 2011 Budget Request
- Interesting topics on Director's Office "Topics an...
- Nuke Spending Boost Needed to Disarm, Biden Says
- Livermore:site of "technology gold rush?"
- The truth about reclassification
- More on Bechtel...
- Bechtel Defends Role in Bolivia
- Berrylium exposures.
- Is privatization better in the long run?
- BLOGs monitoring.
- Hello, Ben Dover Here Again
- What do you think of the 200 reclassification proj...
- POGO requests White House intervention for Los Ala...
- What do you plan to do with your raises
- Air Force Abruptly Decertifies Nuclear Warheads
- DOE alters bid policies for national labs
- More emergency drills.
- Lay Off the Layoffs
- Former LANL blog readers should be welcome
- Is Lab renting space to private companies?
- GAO Calls for More Uniform Security Standards at U...
- Health spending accounts in 2010
- Chu names Blue Ribbon Commission
- NNSA Administrator D’Agostino to Brief Reporters o...
- ▼ February (32)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)