Hello, Ben Dover here again. It seems like it was just yesterday, when I got the shaft from LLNS - Oh wait, It was just a few days ago so I guess yesterday is close enough.
I was hoping to finally replace my old POS Honda with a new one this year after a year of promises from my management that I was doing a great job and would be rewarded for it. My raise for the entire year would not even make a single payment. The job market still stinks and I owe more money on the house than it's worth.
Now with the point of this post. We are all in a real stinking job market - whether you get a 0.5% raise or a 5.0% raise it's still not that much money. I have friends who have been out of work for more than a year now. I have friends who took a pay cut in order to keep their jobs. The "good ol' boys" got huge raises and bonuses while they shafted anyone not in their club. My guess would be that those who got less than package were those that ULM knows they can't just pack up and leave - not those who did a poor job. Heck, there is no one left who does a bad job anymore. We are all doing the work of at least two people, living in dirty offices and bringing in our own office supplies in order to do our jobs.
Thank you to Uncle George, Uncle Ed and Uncle Steve. I'm holding up one finger. Can you guess which one it is?
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (337)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- Funding nukes to eliminate them
- Invisible costs!
- Vehicle safety
- How was your raise?
- Where was LLNL?
- Strange posting:
- Does the Secretary of Energy have a bit too much f...
- Fleeting Youth, Fading Creativity
- DOE's FY 2011 Budget Request
- Interesting topics on Director's Office "Topics an...
- Nuke Spending Boost Needed to Disarm, Biden Says
- Livermore:site of "technology gold rush?"
- The truth about reclassification
- More on Bechtel...
- Bechtel Defends Role in Bolivia
- Berrylium exposures.
- Is privatization better in the long run?
- BLOGs monitoring.
- Hello, Ben Dover Here Again
- What do you think of the 200 reclassification proj...
- POGO requests White House intervention for Los Ala...
- What do you plan to do with your raises
- Air Force Abruptly Decertifies Nuclear Warheads
- DOE alters bid policies for national labs
- More emergency drills.
- Lay Off the Layoffs
- Former LANL blog readers should be welcome
- Is Lab renting space to private companies?
- GAO Calls for More Uniform Security Standards at U...
- Health spending accounts in 2010
- Chu names Blue Ribbon Commission
- NNSA Administrator D’Agostino to Brief Reporters o...
- ▼ February (32)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)