Best ever glassdoor review for Sandia Labs:
“You will not find a better company to work for! There’s nothing like it. ”
Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Albuquerque, NM
I have been working at Sandia full-time (More than 5 years)
This is my top ten list:
1. Easy to get a job. Lack of candidates with US citizenship and advanced degrees resulted in hiring those who couldn't get or keep jobs in private sector. Interviews consist of behavioral questions, and no technical questions are asked.
2. Non-existent dress code. I have seen more cleavage and butt cheeks here than at Hooters. There are many college coeds and office admins who dress provocatively. A+
3. Work-life balance would make French jealous. Many employees take 2 hour lunch breaks and/or always come in late and leave early. Working over weekends is so uncommon, you will not see another living soul around. Telecommuting is encouraged, and some employees never show up for work.
4. Encouraged to come up with the most ridiculous ideas that get funded. Never mind if there is no market for your product/idea because you will get more money to go around and market this product to other groups and customers. It is a great place to reinvent the wheel.
5. At the end of each financial year, you get to splurge on new equipment, computers, and etc to spend down unused funds.
6. Get time off for working overtime.
7. Traveling to conferences and training is encouraged.
8. Outstanding educational benefits – You get to go full time to an Ivy League university while getting paid 75% of your salary.
9. Opportunity to shake hands with state officials and senators who like to come over and brag how much they did for SNL and NM.
10. Free healthcare at the onsite clinic.
No downsides at all to working here. This place will ruin you for other jobs.
Advice to Management
Keep doing the same thing. There’s no such thing as too much of a good thing.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (143)
- ► 2016 (295)
- Yet more investigations at LANL
- LANL has a long history of electrical accidents
- Hiring bias--LLNL even more so?
- DOE Secretary Dr. Ernest Moniz asked to intervene ...
- Age discrimination
- NNSA: Pantex 'Code Blue' like a safety review
- Sandia contract
- DOE Supports Bringing NNSA Back Under Department
- From SPSE (A little late)
- LANL whistle-blower publishes book on lab
- Always good to be optimistic
- Many, many base camps for NIF
- Pros and cons for working at Sandia
- Best ever glassdoor review for Sandia Labs!
- LANL Electrical Systems Were being Probed Before B...
- Important Lecture:
- Bargaining with LANL security union breaks down
- LLNL PERMIT RENEWAL & HEARING NOTICE
- McMillan: 'Sympathy and support' to family of burn...
- (LANL) Managers
- DOE whistle blower and retaliation
- Incident version B
- Incident version A
- LANL electrocuted!
- ▼ May (24)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)