Los Alamos National Laboratory just issued the following memo to employees regarding an incident that occurred today at the Los Alamos Neutron Science Center (LANSCE):
To employees regarding injuries at LANSCE
This is an informational memorandum from the Los Alamos National Laboratory Communications and Public Affairs Office:
On Sunday (May 3), during preventive maintenance operations at the Los Alamos Neutron Science Center (LANSCE), a Laboratory employee was burned while working at an electrical substation. The employee was transported offsite for medical treatment and is listed in critical condition.
Eight other employees were also transported to Los Alamos Medical Center in connection with the accident; seven of those employees were later released, and one employee remains at LAMC for observation.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
Due to ongoing activities to ensure the continuing safety of the workforce and facilities, numerous areas at LANSCE are without power and will remain without power until further notice.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (291)
- ► 2016 (295)
- Yet more investigations at LANL
- LANL has a long history of electrical accidents
- Hiring bias--LLNL even more so?
- DOE Secretary Dr. Ernest Moniz asked to intervene ...
- Age discrimination
- NNSA: Pantex 'Code Blue' like a safety review
- Sandia contract
- DOE Supports Bringing NNSA Back Under Department
- From SPSE (A little late)
- LANL whistle-blower publishes book on lab
- Always good to be optimistic
- Many, many base camps for NIF
- Pros and cons for working at Sandia
- Best ever glassdoor review for Sandia Labs!
- LANL Electrical Systems Were being Probed Before B...
- Important Lecture:
- Bargaining with LANL security union breaks down
- LLNL PERMIT RENEWAL & HEARING NOTICE
- McMillan: 'Sympathy and support' to family of burn...
- (LANL) Managers
- DOE whistle blower and retaliation
- Incident version B
- Incident version A
- LANL electrocuted!
- ▼ May (24)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)