About the all hands LANL purpose statement
Everyone I know found this debacle to be either pointless or demoralizing. One person said that it makes them very sad to think that 70 managers actually spent six months to come up with nothing. Some have said that is an insult to all the people at the laboratory. Others said that it was just a waste of time and not to waste another second thinking about it, which of course is the practical thing to do. Many people are just confused about why this even happened or what the whole point was and are worried that if this gets out it could really hurt LANL.
It does not look good to have an all hands meeting where we say we had to hire an outside marketing firm to figure out the purpose of the lab by watching videos of people gesturing about slitting throats, babies using diapers, geese honking, selfies and chocolate, octupi eating people, and dishonest facts about crappy cameras. This is then followed by the Director describing a one-page viewgraph containing trivially obvious statements that required six months to assemble.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (291)
- ► 2016 (295)
- Retired SNL employee gives scathing review of SNL ...
- About the all hands LANL purpose statement
- Hanford whistleblower wins
- Obama Taps Former LLNL Science Manager for DOE Off...
- Sandia Corporation Agrees to Pay $4.7 Million
- First "Periodic Progress Report" is now available
- Did LANS pay for a "purpose statement?"
- Minority managers at the labs
- Rank and Yank.
- Tomas Diaz de la Rubia got a new job!
- How many H1B's at the Labs?
- "Is the new workforce reality employee retention o...
- Better Dead than Red!
- Many scientists praise Iran nuclear deal.!
- 9 things that make good employees quit!
- Y-12 worker sues CNS for lost vacation
- More delays at WIPP
- LANL contract rebid: rumors.
- The press refers to this BLOG
- ▼ August (19)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)