Are they taking American STEM jobs from US citizens.
"Increase prevailing wage for H-1Bs. We graduate two times more Americans with STEM degrees each year than find STEM jobs, yet as much as two-thirds of entry-level hiring for IT jobs is accomplished through the H-1B program. More than half of H-1B visas are issued for the program's lowest allowable wage level, and more than eighty percent for its bottom two. Raising the prevailing wage paid to H-1Bs will force companies to give these coveted entry-level jobs to the existing domestic pool of unemployed native and immigrant workers in the U.S., instead of flying in cheaper workers from overseas. This will improve the number of black, Hispanic and female workers in Silicon Valley who have been passed over in favor of the H-1B program. Mark Zuckerberg’s personal Senator, Marco Rubio, has a bill to triple H-1Bs that would decimate women and minorities."
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (237)
- ► 2016 (295)
- Retired SNL employee gives scathing review of SNL ...
- About the all hands LANL purpose statement
- Hanford whistleblower wins
- Obama Taps Former LLNL Science Manager for DOE Off...
- Sandia Corporation Agrees to Pay $4.7 Million
- First "Periodic Progress Report" is now available
- Did LANS pay for a "purpose statement?"
- Minority managers at the labs
- Rank and Yank.
- Tomas Diaz de la Rubia got a new job!
- How many H1B's at the Labs?
- "Is the new workforce reality employee retention o...
- Better Dead than Red!
- Many scientists praise Iran nuclear deal.!
- 9 things that make good employees quit!
- Y-12 worker sues CNS for lost vacation
- More delays at WIPP
- LANL contract rebid: rumors.
- The press refers to this BLOG
- ▼ August (19)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)