This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
Friday, September 20, 2013
Watchdog Finds Flaws in DOE Contractor Responsibility Checks
POGO: Watchdog Finds Flaws in DOE Contractor Responsibility Checks September 10, 2013 The Department of Energy’s (DOE) watchdog office just published a report finding weaknesses in the Department’s policies and procedures for keeping contracts out of the hands of disreputable companies and individuals. “The Department had developed internal controls designed to ensure that awards were made to responsible prospective contractors,” according to a Department of Energy Inspector General (DOE IG) audit report released last week. “Although procurement officials were familiar with the…requirements regarding responsibility determinations, we found that management did not ensure these requirements were consistently followed.” Anonymous said... September 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM Looks like sole sourcing is going to get a lot harder starting today. God help all those who want their good "yesterday" but don't want to spend the time doing their research first. It isn't going to matter is its to "replace like item" in the field. a sis week procurement may have just become a six month procurement and even afterwards have to go with low bid will come retrofits. Can you say big $$$ to be spent and increased operating cost.
Posted by scooby at 4:04 PM
- ► 2017 (337)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- No. 2 US nuclear commander suspended
- Freezing pensions
- Coming soon to a laboratory near you!
- B-61 still in the news
- NNSA Requests Another $55.9M For LANL, LLNL Retire...
- Privatizing National Lab Management Misguided
- Watchdog Finds Flaws in DOE Contractor Responsibil...
- Calling all bloggers!
- UC Regents Visit Lawrence Livermore
- Klotz Pledges to Focus on Security and Safety
- top priority for NNSA,
- Another story on NNSA cost and quality control
- More on the B-61 budge
- GAO responds on future Pu needs
- So when can we expect the last phase of SSVSP?
- A chilled work environment
- Health care at LLN
- TO: LANL-ALLFrom/MS: Charles F. McMillan, A100Phon...
- Why is Akima around still?
- How is the sequester affecting science in America?...
- Science and engineering quality at national securi...
- Fixing Fukushima's Water Problem:
- LLNL Unveiled
- NNSA HQ reorg.
- PA. input due soon
- To extend or not to extend
- Bomb work delayed
- A different interpretation
- Numbers please!
- ▼ September (30)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)