Please update or comment on the credentials of the Director for S&T. Is it correct - only 33 publications, mostly not peer reviewed?
Patricia Kuntz Falcone (maiden name (1952-1977) Patricia Ann Kuntz).
Spouse: Roger W. Falcone, Professor of Physics, University of California, Berkeley; Division Director, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California.
B.S.E. Aerospace and Mechanical Sciences (1974). Princeton University
M.S. Mechanical Engineering (1975)
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering (1981, Stanford University
Sandia National Laboratories
Member of the Technical Staff* (1981-1989).
Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff* (1989-1993).
Technical Manager* (1993-2003).
Senior Manager (Technical)* (2003 to present).
Sandia IPA at the Office of Science and Technology Policy, Executive Office of the President.
Senior Policy Analyst* (2009-2011)
Assistant Director, National Security* (2011 to present).
Member, Board on Army Science and Technology of the National Research Council (2007-2009).
Member, Advisory Committee, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University (2006 to present).
Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1981 to present).
Member, Commonwealth Club, San Francisco, CA (2007 to present).
Sigma Xi (research honor society) (1981 to present).
Selected Publications (total of 33)
P.K. Falcone, ed. Catastrophic Bioterrorism Scenarios: Response Architectures and Technology Implications, prepared by Sandia National Laboratories, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, and the Washington Institute for the Department of Homeland Security, March 2006.
S.P. Gordon, P.K. Falcone, eds., The Emerging Roles of Energy Storage in a Competitive Power Market: Summary of a DOE Workshop, Sandia National Laboratories Report SAND95-8247, June 1995.
P.K. Falcone, ``Clouds and Obscurants Countermeasures,'' in Proceedings of the Countermeasures Verification Program Review,
SandiaReport, December 1990.
P.K. Falcone, et al., ``Sensitivity Analysis of High Altitude Rocket Plumes Computed Using CHARM 1.2,'' in Proceedings of the 18th JANNAF Exhaust Plume Technology Subcommittee Meeting, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA, November 14-16, 1989.
Patricia Kuntz Falcone, A Handbook for Solar Central Receiver Design, Sandia National Laboratories Report SAND86-8009, December 1986.
P.K. Falcone, Technical Review of the Solid Particle Receiver Program, Sandia National Laboratories Report. SAND84-8229, July 1984.
P.K. Falcone, R.K. Hanson, and C.H. Kruger, ``Tunable Diode Laser Absorption Measurements of Nitric Oxide in Combustion Gases,'' Combustion, Science and Technology, Vol. 35, pp 81-99, 1983.
P.K. Falcone, R.K. Hanson, and C.H. Kruger, ``Tunable Diode Laser Measurements of the Band Strength and Collision Halfwidths of Nitric Oxide,'' J. Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transfer, Vol. 29, No.3, pp 205-221, 1983.
Ronald K. Hanson and Patricia Kuntz Falcone, ``Temperature Measurement Technique for High-Temperature Gases Using a Tunable Diode Laser,'' Applied Optics, Vol. 17, No. 16, pp. 2477-2480, August 15, 1978.
R.K. Hanson, P.A. Kuntz, and C.H. Kruger, ``High-resolution Spectroscopy of Combustion Gases Using a Tunable IR Diode Laser,'' Applied Optics, Vol. 16, No. 8, pp. 2045-2048, August 1977.
P.A. Kuntz, et al., Comprehensive Bibliography of Literature on Non-Cryogenic Storage and Recovery of Hydrogen, Interim Report AFLRL, No. 30, Southwest Research Institute, San Antonio, Texas, September 1973.
C.M. Hogan, P.A. Kuntz, et al., Environmental Impact of the Proposed Widening of Edgewood Road, ET 41, ESL, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA. September 1972.
P.A. Kuntz, et al., Air, Traffic, and Noise Environmental Impact Associated with the Replacement of the Dumbarton Bridge, ET 39, ESL, Inc. Sunnyvale, CA. August 1972.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2017 (145)
- ► 2016 (295)
- Why can't LANL keep it together at the top?
- Salary facts
- Credentials of the Director for S&T.
- Bye Bye Harry!
- Will there be a raise at LANL?
- Bonus at LLNL!
- It's official: WIPP debacle 100% due to LANL
- Need the real story behind UC and LLNS retiree hea...
- Safety culture overreaches
- What is the reputation of each LLNS corporate memb...
- Another study about how to fix the DoE labs
- So that's where all the overhead is going.....
- Another LANL project over budget and behind schedu...
- Aon Hewitt news?
- Does LLNS Staff Relations and LLNS Senior Manageme...
- Ellen Pao lawsuit is going to have an impact on LL...
- Conner and Henderson get the shove from LLNL
- Will the LLC protect UC against environmental fine...
- Edward Snowden documents and note about Sandia hac...
- Another Electrical Near Fatality at LANL Involving...
- White House official selected as LLNL Deputy Direc...
- Layoff notices?
- UC Hires Fresh Counsel To Combat Retiree Lawsuit
- LLNS Board of Governors. So is it really worth $40...
- WIPP Resolution To Go To Governor
- 'Jeopardy' puts Lab's science in the spotlight
- Klotz Against DOE Name Change
- One year and counting............
- Watchdogs Urge Big Cut to Contractor Fees at the S...
- UC/LLNL Staff Relations "Non-Disclosure Agreements...
- Nearly fatal accident at LANL
- echtel-Affiliated Projects Recognized for Highest ...
- The fiscal threat to nuclear strategy
- Hiring frenzy?
- Value Added of SPSE-UPTE
- Human Role at WIPP was being Minimized
- Justice for All Requires A Contract for All By SPS...
- SPSE-UPTE's New Skilled Trades Contract Promotes R...
- ▼ March (38)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)