This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, March 20, 2015
Will the LLC protect UC against environmental fines?
"In addition, the board discussed the status of a $36.6 million fine levied against the Department of Energy and Los Alamos National Security, LLC, or LANS, by the New Mexico Environment Department after a canister of waste related to Los Alamos National Laboratory released detectable radiation in February 2014.
LANS, which was formed in part by the university, has operated the Los Alamos lab since 2006. The existence, however, of LANS — a limited liability company — is “designed to protect (the university) against these kinds of things,” according to Regent Norman Pattiz."
- ► 2017 (145)
- ► 2016 (295)
- Why can't LANL keep it together at the top?
- Salary facts
- Credentials of the Director for S&T.
- Bye Bye Harry!
- Will there be a raise at LANL?
- Bonus at LLNL!
- It's official: WIPP debacle 100% due to LANL
- Need the real story behind UC and LLNS retiree hea...
- Safety culture overreaches
- What is the reputation of each LLNS corporate memb...
- Another study about how to fix the DoE labs
- So that's where all the overhead is going.....
- Another LANL project over budget and behind schedu...
- Aon Hewitt news?
- Does LLNS Staff Relations and LLNS Senior Manageme...
- Ellen Pao lawsuit is going to have an impact on LL...
- Conner and Henderson get the shove from LLNL
- Will the LLC protect UC against environmental fine...
- Edward Snowden documents and note about Sandia hac...
- Another Electrical Near Fatality at LANL Involving...
- White House official selected as LLNL Deputy Direc...
- Layoff notices?
- UC Hires Fresh Counsel To Combat Retiree Lawsuit
- LLNS Board of Governors. So is it really worth $40...
- WIPP Resolution To Go To Governor
- 'Jeopardy' puts Lab's science in the spotlight
- Klotz Against DOE Name Change
- One year and counting............
- Watchdogs Urge Big Cut to Contractor Fees at the S...
- UC/LLNL Staff Relations "Non-Disclosure Agreements...
- Nearly fatal accident at LANL
- echtel-Affiliated Projects Recognized for Highest ...
- The fiscal threat to nuclear strategy
- Hiring frenzy?
- Value Added of SPSE-UPTE
- Human Role at WIPP was being Minimized
- Justice for All Requires A Contract for All By SPS...
- SPSE-UPTE's New Skilled Trades Contract Promotes R...
- ▼ March (38)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)