So they want a for-profit model. This has been a disaster for the last 10 year for LANL, NNSA and the United States. The lab does exist to give money to the county or to the state. Can the county name one thing that has been a benefit to LANL under the "for profit scheme", all it can claim is that it has given the county money but it has harmed LANL. One could argue that it might be better to close LANL than to continue LANL as a for profit. How would the county fair if they closed LANL?
How about this, can someone from the council please provide one thing that the for profit model has done to improve LANL? Just one. This questions has been asked on this blog and in many other forums yet there has never been a single answer to the question.
It is pretty clear the real issue the council is concerned about is the cash and not LANL.
They could at least be honest about this.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- Blog features??
- The for-profit disaster
- Letter from Council Chair David Izraelevitz to NNS...
- Los Alamos County Unhappy With Draft LANL M&O Cont...
- Alleged Tesa Access Issues At Lawrence Livermore N...
- LLNL's Mark Martinez to lead Nevada Site Contracto...
- First known name for Nevada.
- LANS ratings decline across the board under UC lea...
- NATIONAL DEFENSE AUTHORIZATION ACT FOR FISCAL YEAR...
- No possible UC future at LANL?
- LANL performance stats
- Los Alamos Field Office future.
- Whistle blower found dead
- Former LANL whistleblower murdered in Arizona
- North Korea activity - not good!!
- Story on SNL/LANS
- Draft RFP for LANL
- Wall Street top mogul to run Energy Office of Scie...
- Los Alamos disciplines employees
- LANL makes changes
- Nationwide impact on science collaboration caused ...
- LANL employees bidding
- Protest withdrawal
- Lazy culture
- Same old story.
- Employees lashing out
- Toxic Legacy
- Split the blog
- Is the China tokamak work as credible as it seems?...
- UC Fees
- LANS breaking up for the rebid
- Potential LLNL impact on LANL recompete?
- Rename Sandia?
- Spin off pit production?
- Safety, security and private management
- LANL O&M Contract Pre-Solicitation
- North Korea: Analysis
- ▼ July (38)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)