This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
Friday, June 9, 2017
"Charliecloud" has arrived!!
LOS ALAMOS, N.M., June 7, 2017 -- At Los Alamos National Laboratory, home to more than 100 supercomputers since the dawn of the computing era, elegance and simplicity of programming are highly valued but not always achieved. In the case of a new product, dubbed "Charliecloud," a crisp 800-line code helps supercomputer users operate in the high-performance world of Big Data without burdening computer center staff with the peculiarities of their particular software needs.
"Charliecloud lets users easily run crazy new things on our supercomputers," said lead developer Reid Priedhorsky of the High Performance Computing Division at Los Alamos. "Los Alamos has lots of supercomputing power, and we do lots of simulations that are well supported here. But we've found that Big Data analysis projects need to use different frameworks, which often have dependencies that differ from what we have already on the supercomputer. So, we've developed a lightweight 'container' approach that lets users package their own user defined software stack in isolation from the host operating system."
Posted by scooby at 10:37 AM
- Anthem to stop selling Obamacare plans in Wisconsi...
- U.S. regulators to investigate after Los Alamos la...
- The Labor Department loosens a rule on beryllium e...
- LLNL & LANL pensions
- LANL safety record topic of senate hearing for Per...
- The good, the bad and the uglyyy!
- University of California Favoring Illegal Immigran...
- McMillan known to Secretary Moniz for his hubris
- LANL inability to address safety issues
- Nuclear lab shutdown endangers US arsenal
- llnlthetruestory welcomes Evil Echo
- LANL and waste containers
- Is it true?
- Bad Etiquette
- What some people think of blog
- Leakers inside NSA, is the background check proces...
- Less LEP work for LLNL
- How long will the LANL transition be delayed by th...
- Only a matter of time before something major happe...
- "Charliecloud" has arrived!!
- LANS cares?
- NEVADA under protest
- Opinions on blog monetizing
- ▼ June (23)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)